Sales Floor Manager
Position Title: Floor Sales
Reports to: Store Manager
Position Summary: The Floor Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining a well-balanced Used vehicle inventory and selling each unit at a maximum gross profit. Will establish objectives for the department and accomplish them through planning, organizing, controlling and measuring the performance of the Used vehicle salespeople. Must present a professional appearance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determine monthly and annual forecasts in term of unit sales, gross profit objectives and departmental profits.
- Understand and comply with current federal, state and local regulations that affect the Used vehicle sales department such as consumer sales practices, FTC requirements and information security programs.
- Direct and schedule the activities of the Used vehicle sales department employees.
- Establish a program to ensure Used vehicle salespeople are kept informed of current inventory.
- Oversee the efforts of Used vehicle salespeople to enhance the image and customer satisfaction ratings of the facility.
- Communicate with Used vehicle salespeople to ensure company policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Monitor Used vehicle salespeople’s payroll records.
- Assist Used vehicle salespeople in setting their short and long-term objectives.
- Review salespeople’s performance and develop programs of improvement for those unable to meet their objectives.
- Communicate daily with New Vehicle Sales Manager regarding recent trade-ins.
- Establish standards for appraising used vehicles including requirement to obtain vehicle history report.
- Complete written appraisal on all potential trade-in vehicles.
- Ensure cosmetic and mechanical reconditioning of used vehicles is performed within cost and time limitations.
- Develop, implement and monitor the use of a prospecting program and follow-up.
- Plan and control the display of used vehicles. Establish and maintain standards.
- Assist salespeople in closing deals.
- Complete all training as directed by management.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in the Personnel Policy Manual and other corporate policies.
- Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent.
Experience: Three years in automotive sales (including experience in Used Vehicle Sales and finance and insurance). One year in a supervisory position preferred. Broad knowledge of all types of vehicles.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications): Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Ability to use personal computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet software. Current valid driver’s license and state sales license.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. Occasionally requires the ability to lift 20 pounds of material. Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle dealership. Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date